Skip to main content

About your Search

20121202
20121210
STATION
KGO (ABC) 2
WJLA (ABC) 1
WMAR (ABC) 1
LANGUAGE
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)
ABC
Dec 2, 2012 8:00am PST
" is shifting a little bit now, where there's a sense that, if president obama goes into his second term and poisons the environment so much that he can't get a deal and we go over the cliff it's going to be so toxic for year two, year three and year four. the president has to worry about his legacy. even though republicans might get blamed, this whole idea of the president bringing this country together, >> democrats have to be wary of. isn't it? >> i don't see it that way at all. look, the president has made a proposal. it may not be what everyone likes. i don't think it was an outrageous proposal. it's consistent with everything he said before. it's a proposal, a real proposal. the republicans have put nothing on the table. if we go over the cliff, it's not at all clear to the american people are going to blame the president as opposed to a party. >> the blame is real dispiriting because the idea of who's going to get the blame instead of figuring out how to keep it from happening is exactly what drives voters nuts. >> they might have to be aware of who's going to get the blame before
ABC
Dec 9, 2012 8:00am PST
obama's health care act, $116 billion in medicare savings, which a lot of republicans, not you, but a lot of republicans in the last campaign, including mitt romney, ran against. >> well, george, first of all, the $700 billion in savings doesn't save the government a penny, because it takes that 7$700 billion and spends it on other people. what -- it's really important that people look. the government is twice the size it was 11 years ago, we have seen the president demand that we're going to solve 7% of this problem, but he's totally inflexible on the other 93%. it doesn't really matter what happens at the end of this year, because ultimately, the numbers and the bondholders throughout the world, will determine what we'll spend and what we won't. we can play the political game that is being played out in washington right now. or we could actually be absolutely honest with the american people, and say medicare is going bankrupt, social security bankrupt in two years, social security trust fund will be bankrupt in five years, social security total will be bankrupt in probably 16
ABC
Dec 9, 2012 9:00am EST
declined faster under the obama recovery under the bush "recession" that's the whole separate problem. you can't just take this piecemeal. republicans will have a problem if they pitch late on your problem. the reality in the world the republicans, while we're looking dismal at the federal level have won the majority of the govern ships and in those cases they're lowering taxes. they are flattening the tax rates. they're creating jobs and growing their economies at twice the rate of this lunacy that the president continues to pursue. >> we have a short-run problem, purely a political problem about this fiscal cliff. it has nothing to do with the bondholder and the debt. we should work on that. >>> we got to take a break. lots more roundtable. >>> why did the tea party star quit the senate. what does it mean for the gop? >>> what's next for hillary? twenty-three billion dollars to help those affected and to cover cleanup costs. today, the beaches and gulf are open, and many areas are reporting their best tourism seasons in years. and bp's also committed to america. we support nearly 250,000
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)